I think it is very appropriate that the first interview with the republican ticket was given to People magazine. I love the picture of the two wannabe first families right next to the following headlines.
- Ryan Cabrera: Ashlee Will Be a 'Great Mom'
- Johnny Depp Rocks Out for a Good Cause
- Friends Remember Dr. Dre's Son
- Amy Winehouse Cancels Paris Performance
- David Duchovny Has Addressed Rumors of Sex Addiction
Do you think McCain is trying to convince us that in spite his millions and his so-many-he-can't-remember-them-all houses, he is really just one of the folks? Don't underestimate the power of the mob. Remember that GWB won because he pulled off the guy-you-would-like-to-have-a-beer-with image.
In my previous post on this subject I did neglect to give SP credit for her leadership experience as the point guard on the Wasilla Warriors basketball team. Don't get me wrong. I'm a great fan of women's basketball. Some of my very favorite people play the game, but somehow I never saw it as preparation for the White House.