Saturday, August 30, 2008

So Who's the Celebrity?




I think it is very appropriate that the first interview with the republican ticket was given to People magazine. I love the picture of the two wannabe first families right next to the following headlines.


Do you think McCain is trying to convince us that in spite his millions and his so-many-he-can't-remember-them-all houses, he is really just one of the folks? Don't underestimate the power of the mob. Remember that GWB won because he pulled off the guy-you-would-like-to-have-a-beer-with image.

In my previous post on this subject I did neglect to give SP credit for her leadership experience as the point guard on the Wasilla Warriors basketball team. Don't get me wrong. I'm a great fan of women's basketball. Some of my very favorite people play the game, but somehow I never saw it as preparation for the White House.

1 comment:

sepherim said...

I know it's not cool to comment on your posts but this was not worth a whole new post. Take a good look at the People picture. Does it look to you like John McCain is in shock and Cindy is having to prop him up. Either he has already died or he just realized he had made the biggest mistake of his life. But then what do I know? I'm the one that was sure the American people would never elect Ronald Reagan.